Scatter profile of peripheral blood cells from human whole blood, pretreated with RBC Lysis Buffer as recommended.
Note: It is recommended to dilute the RBC Lysis Buffer (10X) just prior to use.
1. Dilute the RBC Lysis Buffer (10X) to a 1X working concentration by adding 1 part RBC Lysis Buffer (10X) to 9 parts room temperature deionized water. Warm the solution to room temperature.
2. Add 2.0 ml of 1X RBC Lysis Buffer to the prepared sample of whole blood (50-100 µL per tube), gently vortex the sample.
3. Incubate for 10-15 minutes at room temperature protected from light.
4. Centrifuge cells at 500 x g for 5 minutes at room temperature. Carefully aspirate the supernatant without disturbing the cell pellet.
5. Wash the cells once in excess with Flow Cytometry Antibody Dilution Buffer #13616, repeat the centrifugation in step 4.
6. Resuspend the cells in the appropriate volume for analysis.
Note: Above outlines the necessary steps for lysis of human whole blood samples. If working with mouse blood or splenocytes, decrease the incubation time (step 3) to 5 minutes. Further optimization may be required.
The 10X solution is stable for 6 months when stored at 4°C.
RBC Lysis Buffer (10X) is a concentrated ammonium chloride-based buffer used for lysing red blood cells in single cell suspension with little to no effect on the nucleated cells. This buffer contains no fixative reagent so the cells remain viable after red blood cell lysis.
Except as otherwise expressly agreed in a writing signed by a legally authorized representative of CST, the following terms apply to Products provided by CST, its affiliates or its distributors. Any Customer's terms and conditions that are in addition to, or different from, those contained herein, unless separately accepted in writing by a legally authorized representative of CST, are rejected and are of no force or effect.
Products are labeled with For Research Use Only or a similar labeling statement and have not been approved, cleared, or licensed by the FDA or other regulatory foreign or domestic entity, for any purpose. Customer shall not use any Product for any diagnostic or therapeutic purpose, or otherwise in any manner that conflicts with its labeling statement. Products sold or licensed by CST are provided for Customer as the end-user and solely for research and development uses. Any use of Product for diagnostic, prophylactic or therapeutic purposes, or any purchase of Product for resale (alone or as a component) or other commercial purpose, requires a separate license from CST. Customer shall (a) not sell, license, loan, donate or otherwise transfer or make available any Product to any third party, whether alone or in combination with other materials, or use the Products to manufacture any commercial products, (b) not copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the underlying structure or technology of the Products, or use the Products for the purpose of developing any products or services that would compete with CST's products or services, (c) not alter or remove from the Products any trademarks, trade names, logos, patent or copyright notices or markings, (d) use the Products solely in accordance with CST's Product Terms of Sale and any applicable documentation, and (e) comply with any license, terms of service or similar agreement with respect to any third party products or services used by Customer in connection with the Products.