1. If buffer will be used regularly, it is recommended that the 1X buffer be kept at 4ºC for 1-2 weeks. For longer periods of time, buffer should be stored at -20ºC. Aliquotting of 1X buffer is recommended to avoid freeze thaw cycles.
2. Thaw 1X buffer at 24-30ºC, mixing end-over-end.
3. Chill 1X buffer on ice and add PMSF just prior to use.
Note: Cell Signaling Technology recommends adding 1 mM PMSF (final concentration) immediately before use.
For lysis of adherent cells, we recommend the following: (all reagents and lysates must be kept cold)
1. Treat cells as desired.
2. Wash plate with ice-cold PBS to remove residual media.
3. Add 500–1000 µl of lysis buffer/ 10 cm dish.
4. Incubate plate on ice for 2 minutes.
5. Collect cell lysate solution for use. Spin extract 1 minute at 14,000 x g in a cold microfuge if cell debris is present.
1. For non-adherent cells, judgment must be used as to amount of lysis buffer to add. Addition of volume equal to cell pellet is generally appropriate.
2. Additional protease inhibitors can be added to the 1X lysis buffer if needed.
1X Lysis Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM Na2 EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 1% Triton, 20 mM sodium Pyrophosphate, 25 mM Sodium Fluoride, 1 mM β-glycerophosphate, 1 mM Na3VO4, 1 µg/ml leupeptinNote: Cell Signaling Technology recommends adding 1 mM PMSF immediately before use.
Store at -20°C. For short term storage (1-2 weeks), Cell Lysis Buffer can be stored at 4°C.
Except as otherwise expressly agreed in a writing signed by a legally authorized representative of CST, the following terms apply to Products provided by CST, its affiliates or its distributors. Any Customer's terms and conditions that are in addition to, or different from, those contained herein, unless separately accepted in writing by a legally authorized representative of CST, are rejected and are of no force or effect.
Products are labeled with For Research Use Only or a similar labeling statement and have not been approved, cleared, or licensed by the FDA or other regulatory foreign or domestic entity, for any purpose. Customer shall not use any Product for any diagnostic or therapeutic purpose, or otherwise in any manner that conflicts with its labeling statement. Products sold or licensed by CST are provided for Customer as the end-user and solely for research and development uses. Any use of Product for diagnostic, prophylactic or therapeutic purposes, or any purchase of Product for resale (alone or as a component) or other commercial purpose, requires a separate license from CST. Customer shall (a) not sell, license, loan, donate or otherwise transfer or make available any Product to any third party, whether alone or in combination with other materials, or use the Products to manufacture any commercial products, (b) not copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the underlying structure or technology of the Products, or use the Products for the purpose of developing any products or services that would compete with CST products or services, (c) not alter or remove from the Products any trademarks, trade names, logos, patent or copyright notices or markings, (d) use the Products solely in accordance with CST Product Terms of Sale and any applicable documentation, and (e) comply with any license, terms of service or similar agreement with respect to any third party products or services used by Customer in connection with the Products.